Our new product focus has meant that our HENSOTHERM® 4 KS (water based) and HENSOTHERM® 3 KS (with solvents) product lines, among others, which were approved in accordance with DIN 4102-2, ceased to be available as of 1 January 2017. As part of European harmonisation, testing standards and approval guidelines have been standardised more and more across the whole of Europe in recent years and are now part of the reason that our HENSOTHERM® fire-protection systems for steel for the fire-resistance classes R30, R60, R90, R120 and R150, which are approved according to DIN EN 13501-2, are taking over the passive constructional fire protection in Germany.
Their advantages in brief:
- Well-structured product range
- The quantities of intumescent coatings which have to be applied have been greatly reduced depending on the fire-resistance period required
- Shorter coating times/ construction process because there are fewer processing steps
- Coloured intumescent coatings are available
- Fire-resistance times of R30, R60, R90, R120 and R150 are possible with HENSOTHERM® 421 KS in a dry interior space
- Customer-friendly packaging sizes from 6 kg upwards are available
The overview of the new product focus can be downloaded here as a PDF.