HENSOMASTIK® Mixed Penetration Seal | fire dampers
In Germany, the penetration seals of fire dampers have been produced using mortar until now. In Austria and the Netherlands, however, the long-preferred method has been to execute them as soft penetration seals and thereby exploit the advantages of a simple changeover.
For such applications, Rudolf Hensel GmbH has its “mixed penetration seal with fire dampers, type: HENSOMASTIK®”, which is classified in the fire-resistance class EI 90 / EI 120 with classification report according to EN 13501.
The construction element tests in accordance with EN 1363-1:2000 on which it is based were carried out with Trox fire dampers of types FKRS-EU (NW 315 mm) and FK-EU (1500 x 800 mm) in both wall and ceiling penetration seals. The “soft penetration seal with fire damper, Type: HENSOMASTIK®” is a double-panel penetration seal which consists of two mineral fibre boards each > 50 mm thick, which are coated with HENSOMASTIK® 5 KS Farbe or HENSOMASTIK® 5 KS viskos.
- The HENSOMASTIK® mixed penetration seal offers maximum flexibility when installed in walls and ceilings, in asymmetric openings as well
- It can also be installed in existing openings – these can be up to 40 cm bigger than the dimensions of the fire damper
- Fire dampers do not need to be inserted into the recess first
- Fire dampers can be easily exchanged without the need for chiselling work
- The HENSOMASTIK® mixed penetration seal has a low weight
|Wall installation||Floor installation|